Losing a few strands of hair every day is okay; however, if the hair you lose is not replaced by new ones, it can be a grave matter. Hair loss is a common problem faced by men these days. Guys in their mid-twenties are constantly panicking about their receding hairline. Several factors can contribute to thinning hair for men. These include stress, genetics, incorrect diet, etc.
Here are the top 7 reasons why men end up needing the best hair replacement systems to cover their balding spots:
- One of the most common reasons for thinning hair for men is pattern baldness which is located on the Y chromosome and passed from father to son. You might have noticed that your grandfather or father has a receding hairline. The most common types are either U or M in shape and depend on your family history. Sometimes, guys start losing their hair in their teens, which can be quite stressful.
- One of the most common factors contributing to hair loss in men is stress. Work pressure and family expectations can cause extreme stress in individuals. Mental and physical stress can cause hormonal changes resulting in Telogen effluvium that causes thinning of hair.
- Improper lifestyle. Changes in your lifestyle including diet and sleeping patterns can contribute significantly to hair fall. Smoking, drinking, and sudden weight loss have been observed to be important factors along with reduced intake of proteins, iron, and vitamins. Consumption of nicotine and alcohol affects the absorption of nutrients in the body. Excessive use of hair styling products laced with chemicals can also be a contributing factor.
- Medical issues. Some diseases like autoimmune problems, diabetes, and thyroid disorder, can damage the immune system causing a hormonal imbalance leading to hair loss. Medical conditions like psoriasis, eczema, ringworm infection, and seborrheic dermatitis can also damage hair follicles leading to hair loss.
- Neglecting haircare. Experimenting with your hair is okay until it backfires, and you end up losing your precious hair. Getting your hair permed, bleached, or opting for hot oil hair treatment can cause irreparable damage to your hair follicles. As a result, you may end up losing hair. Opting for hairstyles such as cornrows, tight braids, man buns or pigtails can also cause unnecessary stress on your hair leading to hair fall.
- Medicines are taken to treat certain diseases like depression, gout, arthritis, hypertension, heart problems, and cancer. These drugs usually have side effects which can cause hair to fall. Radiation therapy as well as chemotherapy are also associated with hair loss; though the hair may grow back in these cases when the treatment stops.
- Impulse control disorder. Also known as trichotillomania, the disorder affects 1-2% of teenagers and adults. People cannot refrain themselves from pulling their hair from the scalp, eyebrow, or any other part of the body. This can result in temporary balding if the hair follicles are not damaged, or a permanent one in case they are.
Question: What can cause a man’s hair to fall out?
Answer: Apart from hereditary factors, improper diet, stress, and underlying medical condition can cause hair fall in men.
Question: At what age do guys start losing hair?
Answer: Guys carrying genes for pattern baldness might start losing hair in their teens.
Question: Where does balding usually start?
Answer: Hair thinning usually starts around the hairline at the crown of the head is usually U shape with random circular bald patches.
Question: How can I stop balding?
Answer: Make changes in your lifestyle, ensure proper diet, low stress, adequate hair-care, apart from trying medication for the problem. If it does not help use the best hair replacement systems.